Hospital in the Home Services provide care in the home that would otherwise need to be delivered within Portland District Health as an admitted patient. Patients who receive Hospital in the Home are classified as admitted patients. Hospital in the Home services are staffed by a multidisciplinary mix of nursing, medical and allied health staff as required.
TYPES OF CARE REQUIREMENTS include but not limited to:
(but must be requiring admission to hospital)
- Administration of IV antibiotics
- Administration of anticoagulant therapy
- Chronic disease management including acute or chronic obstructive airways disease
- Wound care
- Diabetes for stabilisation
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Enteral feeding
- Hypertension for stabilisation
- Pre-operative treatments
- Post-operative care e.g. drain tube maintenance
- Acute care for Supported Residential Services
Referrals can be made from GPs or other organisations.
Mon – Friday 07.00hrs to 15.00hrs
If you have any queries please contact the Hospital in the Home Manager on (03) 5521 0349.